2013 is proving to be an exceptionally exciting year for the generics industry. Amidst the rise of Asia’s wealth, competition to grow the market within greater government presence and complex cultures have posed problems for MNCs. Meanwhile, local generic players with homeground advantages, fight to protect quality standards while searching for ways to diversify their own product portfolio.
IBC’s 8th annual Generics Asia 2013 will continue to provide an open platform, bringing together innovators, generic companies, investors and end-payers in a 4 day gathering of dialogue and exchanging of ideas.
Event was very informative and I got connected with many new people – Mahmood, Getz Pharma
Very informative, well organized and enlightening – Krystal, Eisai Malaysia
Interesting topics and speaker line up. – Deepak, Dr Reddy’s
Very interactive sessions and informative. Beneficial to have ideas to explore possibilities – Shariza, CCM Pharmaceuticals
- MNCs are having to relook at their evergreening strategies as traditional pay-for-delays and patent extension are under greater scrutiny by governments
- With governments pushing for greater patient access, the pharma industry is facing big price cuts affecting profitability.
- In self-paying Asia, gaining insights into the end buyer’s needs and wants would affect how the pharma position/brand/market themselves
- Over the past few years, the market was flooded with news of M&As and collaborations, however, the results are now bearing fruit. Is there a future in MNC and local partnerships?
- Facing the dilemma of which market to enter
- Product portfolio expansion – inhouse or through purchasing? Biosimilars or supergenerics?
- How can other players such as CMOs, CROs, drug delivery companies all contribute to growing the supergenerics portfolio?
Regional Director Government Affairs – ASEAN
Johnson & Johnson
Manager, Generics & Biosimilar Business, Strategy & Business Development
Senior Vice President, Business Development
Corporate Affairs Director
The Generics Pharmacy
See Full Speaker Line Up, click here »